At a person’s death, the church shares the grief of those who mourn and remembers the brevity of life on earth. At the funeral we give voice to sorrow, thank God for our loved one, and en-trust this companion of ours into the hands of God. Trusting in God’s promise in baptism that we are claimed by Christ forever, we rest in the sure hope of the resurrection. When the church gathers to mark the end of life, Christ crucified and risen is the witness of worship, the strength of mutual consolation, and the hope of healing.
Role of Creator’s Funeral Coordinator
- Talk/meet with family members to identify and coordinate needs relative to the service.
- Assist family with collecting information to create biography and funeral or memo-rial worship service bulletin.
- Act as the liaison with Creator’s music ministry for accompanist, soloist, CD’s, etc.
- Identify food selections and coordinate ordering, serving, clean up as needed for reception at Creator.
- Coordinate seating requirements, ushers and other volunteers as needed.
- Coordinate with funeral home and florist as needed.