Parking: Creator Lutheran offers designated parking spaces for Sunday visitors near by the front door. Additional visitor spaces are available in the main parking area. Handicap parking is also available.
Entering The Church: As you first enter the front door and walk into the lobby, the Visitor Welcome Center is located to your left. We invite you to stop and chat with the church members at the Welcome Center for church information, to get answers to any questions you might have, and to receive a gift. The Welcome Center volunteers will direct you to the worship space, nursery, and restrooms.
Where the Children Go: Creator welcomes families with children in Worship! We are glad you are a part of our community, and you are important to God and to all members of Creator. Nursery care is available to children ages 0-5 years in room #5 for those who could use a little more room to move and make noise.
To the parents of small children in Worship, may we suggest….
* Relax! God put the wiggle in children; don’t feel you have to suppress it in God’s house.
* Sit toward the front where it’s easier for little ones to see and hear.
* Quietly explain the parts of the service. Kids are curious.
* Sing the songs, pray, and say the responses. Children learn liturgical behavior by copying you.
* If you need to leave the service with your child, please feel free to do so, but please come back.
* Remember that the way we welcome children in the church directly affects the way they respond to the church, to God, and to Jesus. Let them know that they are at home in this worship setting.
* A special “Prayground” (kid’s space) is located in the front of the sanctuary. Feel free to utilize this space to help families be comfortable.
****The Prayground and nursery have been temporarily suspended as we hold in-person Worship with a limited amount of people in the building.*****
To our members who do not have children…..
A smile of encouragement is always welcome to parents with small, active children.
“Let the little children come to me for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these”. —Matthew 19: 14
Sunday Education: Our Sunday Education Hour is from 9:45 to 10:45 am. Family Sunday School is open to all! We begin with a shared breakfast followed by Storytime. Family groups will have time to wonder about the Bible story and hold a discussion. The hour is topped off with a craft and a song or two. Middle school youth meet in the Youth Room. The adult CoffeeTalk study meets in the multi-purpose room and offers a variety of speakers, topics and formats throughout the year.
How to Dress: Although we do not have a dress code, we would recommend comfortable, casual clothing.
Worship Service Style: The key parts of our worship service include music, greetings, prayer, Bible readings, a message from the pastor interpreting the Bible readings, and Communion. At Creator we believe that worship is the work of the people. Communion is available to all baptized adults and baptized children who have had Communion instruction - all worshipers are welcome at Communion to receive a blessing.
Our 8:30 am Service has a more formal style with traditional hymns, responsive readings, and community prayer. Our 11:00 am Service is more energetic, with an informal style and with more contemporary songs.
FROM MID JUNE THROUGH LABOR DAY, WE HAVE ONE WORSHIP SERVICE AT 9:30AM. THIS SERVICE OFFERS A WIDE VARIETY OF MUSIC AND WORSHIP STYLES.